These are songs I recommend for individuals or a church to have on a play-list because they speak to our heart’s reaction to loss, grief and sadness. These deep stirrings can almost be overwhelming, especially at the abrupt departure of a senior pastor.
Music has a powerful way of ministering to our souls during difficult seasons. The lyrics of these songs invite us to a “Godward” perspective, not in denying the pain or by just trying to move on. Rather through believing that our heavenly Father is at work for our good, and for His glory, even in times of “hard providence”.
Paul in 1 Thessalonians 4:13 gives us an eternal perspective “…that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.” We will grieve when facing loss, but our grieving is with hope! Enjoy these songs yourself, and recommend them to a friend in need.
- “When Trials Come” by Keith and Kristyn Getty
- “Be Still My Soul” (In You I Rest) by Kari Jobe
- “Blessings” by Laura Story
- “The Plan” by Steve Green
- “It Is Well with My Soul” -by 4Him, written by Joseph Stafford
- “Tell Your Heart to Beat Again” -Danny Gokey
- “Never Once” by Matt Redman
- “You Never Let Go” by Matt Redman